A few years ago, the Triump strategy was sold for $299. But for now, it will be shared freely on this blog. There are quite a few traders who comment that an 80% win rate is a rather modest number for this strategy because in good market conditions the odds of winning are even higher. Now let’s find out how effective it is to have such a high price.
Note: This method is not for everyone. It may work for one but not for another. This is normal. Even if the win rate is 80%, you should never put all your money into one trade. If you find the Triump strategy useful, get rid of greed and use good capital management skills to maintain profits.
How to set up the Triump strategy
This is a Price Action centered strategy that will not use any technical indicators. However, you have to draw some important points such as the highest point, the lowest point, the trend, etc, to serve the following criteria.
- A Tweezer candle pattern appears in the reversal zone (prerequisite)
- There must be an Engulfing candle. The engulfing candle must cover the previous candle.
- The engulfed candle must have a longer shadow than the body.
After identifying the reversal, we apply the “candle counting” method, which helps us to determine the perfect entry point.
How to count candles? There are 3 steps:
- Draw a red line connecting the bottom/top of two tweezer candles like the example below.
- Draw a horizontal line of 8-10 candles forward, counting from the engulfed candle (You can measure the distance of 8-10 candles in the past to draw this horizontal line).
- Connect this point to the highest/lowest price before the reversal (up to 14 candles)
The following are the requirements when applying the Triump strategy:
- Timeframe: M5 chart.
- Expiration time: 20-30 minutes
- Currency pairs: EUR/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CHF, EUR/JPY.
- Trading session: European
In the EUR/USD currency pair, we saw a Tweezer Bottom reversal pattern. At the same time, the following bullish candle engulfed the previous candle. To find an effective entry point, we connect the top and bottom together. When the price reverses from bearish to bullish and crosses the line, open a HIGHER order.
Also in the EUR/USD currency pair, the Tweezer Top reversal pattern appeared. We can see that the following bearish candle covered the previous bullish candle. Now, we need to draw a line connecting the top and bottom to determine a reasonable entry point. Open a LOWER order as soon as the price breaks out of the line confidently.
So you have understood a strategy that took the market by storm a few years ago and was shared widely recently after bringing the author nearly 1 million dollars. It’s also the strategy that has helped me to be profitable for over a year. How about you? Try to learn this unique strategy and see if it will bring you a steady profit. Good luck.